QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN BUYING INSURANCE
Questions to ask your insurance agent when buying a new policy or renewing an old one concerning your deductible and your rights.
- In the event of an accident, will I be able to choose the shop which will repair my vehicle and have the bill paid in full? (Less my deductible)
- Will the policy you’re selling me allow my vehicle to be repaired with genuine original (OEM) parts?
- Does the insurance company depreciate repairs that may need to be made to my car based upon my cars age and/or mileage? If yes, how is this calculated in what parts are subject to the depreciation?
- If your company uses depreciation as a factor for rates, how does this reduce what I pay in insurance as my car gets older?
- If I have an accident do my rates increase? If yes, by how much? Why?
- Do you increase my insurance rates as I get older? If yes, by what age and by how much? Do I have your assurance that it will not be dropped if I file a claim?
- If my vehicle is totaled how does your insurance company determine what it will pay me?
- Do I have rental vehicle coverage? Is my rental vehicle coverage sufficient to get a vehicle comparable to the one I’m currently driving? Will this rental vehicle coverage cover all the days that my car’s in the shop?
- If I choose to go with a higher deductible how much to I save on my premium each year?
- Is the price that you’re quoting me firm? Are there additional or hidden costs at any time during the term of this policy?