It is very easy for the smallest chip in your windshield to turn into a large crack that impairs your visibility and puts you and your passengers at risk. Repairing windshield chips is a simple, inexpensive process that will prevent the larger crack and keep your vehicle safe.
Why repair a windshield?
Convenient: Windshield repair can usually be completed in half an hour or less, and back on the road in no time.
Inexpensive: Most insurance companies will reimburse windshield repair charges.
Safe: Repairing the windshield helps to keep the original factory equipment intact and most importantly, keeps you safe.
It is estimated that 75% of damaged windshields can be repaired rather than having to replace them. As long as the damage is not in the direct line of sight of the driver, it may be repairable. Most insurance companies will waive the deductible so there is no cost to you to repair your windshield.
Rock chips can usually be repaired if they are no larger than an inch in size and not in the driver's line of vision. The Clear-Vu technicians can evaluate the damage and determine if it can be repaired.
The National Glass Association recommends that any windshield damage be fixed as soon as possible. The longer the windshield is exposed to natural elements only makes the damage worse. Dirt and extremes in temperature can make the damaged area larger and eventually lead to having to have the entire windshield replaced. Windshield repair is a quick solution to repair the damage and can usually be completed in less than a half hour.
Windshield Repair Process
- The Clear-Vu technician drills into the rock chip.
- Vacuum pressure is then applied to the rock chip.
- The resin's are injected into the rock chip. The resins used to repair windshield rock chips are optically compatable and specially formulated to have the same refractive characteristics as OEM laminated glass.
- Once the resin is injected, the technician uses an ultraviolet light to quickly cure the resin with the glass.
- The technician scrapes any excess resin from the windshield and cleans the glass.
With the windshield now repaired, there is no longer any danger of further cracking from the point of impact and the repair is virtually undetectable. Call Clear-Vu today for an appointment to repair your windshield chips and cracks.