AUTO GLASS SAFETY
Your windshield is a safety device, and like other automotive safety devices including breaks, airbags, and seat belts, your auto glass needs to be maintained by experts. In addition to protecting you from elements like uncomfortable temperatures, wind, rain, and debris; your car’s windshield is an integral part of the integrity of the car itself.
Your windshield has three crucial life-saving features.
- The windshield acts as a backboard for the deployment of the cars airbags.
If your windshield breaks or pops out, your airbags will not properly inflate resulting in injuries that could have been avoided.
- The windshield keeps people inside the vehicle during an accident.
In some accidents, the impact can throw passengers from the vehicle. The windshield is an additional safety feature (beyond seatblets) to keep people from being ejected from the vehicle.
- The windshield prevents the roof of the car from caving in if you are in a rollover.
The windshield of your car provides 60% of the strength of the roof of the car in the event of a rollover accident. If the windshield fails, the likelihood of the roof caving in is much greater, which can result in significant injury to the occupants of the car.
The technicians at Clear-Vu Auto Glass are West Texas windshield service and installation experts.
Some important safety measures that will assist in maintaining your vehicle's glass structure and integrity include:
REGULAR WINDSHILED CHECKUPS INPROVE YOUR SAFETY
Some windshield damage may be difficult to detect so it is important to check your windshield regularly. Following these simple steps to inspect your auto glass, or seeking assistance from a Clear-Vu Auto Glass certified technician, will make certain your windshield continues to protect you and your family.
- After washing your windows, checking each window inside and out for chips and cracks. Minor chips and small cracks are generally repairable provided they are not within the drivers line of sight.
- Check the edge of each window glass for damage to both the glass and the surrounding bodywork. You’re looking for anything that might affect the seal of your glass to the body. All damage that weakens the integrity of your body structure should be repaired immediately.
- Check your windshield wipers, verifying that they are soft and pliable. Brittle, hard or broken windshield wiper blades will allow the metal wiper on to scratch the glass.
Everyone Likes a bargain. When it comes to auto glass, quality is the only bargain. And when repairing or replacing your auto glass, the following are far more important than just price:
- Certified professional technician
- Guaranteed proper installation
- OEM quality product
- The service company you choose handles your insurance claim
Clear-Vu Auto Glass operates a full-service, certified auto glass repair and replacement business for the West Texas area.
QUESTIONS TO ASK
Questions to ask any auto glass repair facility to verify your safety
- Are the technicians certified by the National Glass Association (NGA)?
- Does the auto glass repair facility endorse and adhere to the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard (AGRSS) or AGSC?
- Do they use anything other than Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) quality glass?
- Do they use the manufacturer’s recommended urethane adhesives?
- Will the old adhesive be removed from the vehicle frame?
- Will a technician wear gloves to keep from contaminating the glass?
- Will the new urethane adhesive stand up to the deployment of high pressure air bags?
- How long will the new urethane adhesive need to set before the vehicle can be driven?
The windshield does more than just keep out wind, temperature, rain, snow and bugs, it maintains your vehicle’s integrity during a collision. Be certain that you choose an auto glass repair facility like Clear-Vu Auto Glass that understands the importance of following proper installation techniques and industry standards.